We are hiring!
Rice Associates is seeking Survey Crew Chiefs, Instrument Operators an SUE Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
Survey Crew Chiefs and Instrument Operators must have experience, and the ability to utilize conventional, robotic, and GPS equipment. Preference will also be given to candidates with current OSHA safety and Confined Space training. Must be willing to travel.
Rice Associates is seeking an experienced Subsurface Utility Engineering Manager. The position can be based either at our Manassas, Richmond or Virginia Beach office. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple projects throughout the Commonwealth and the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area, coordinate crews, write proposals, meet with clients, and participate in business development efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties: Experienced in all SUE activities to include: utility research, mapping, designating, locating (test holes), GPS surveys and CADD software.
- Understanding and ability to analyze local site survey control and to perform a site calibration, if necessary
- Experience working with utility owners and providers
- Experienced and understands the utility "'one-call"' process: requesting, reporting, communication protocol, online submission, tracking and follow-ups
- Skilled in proper field data collection procedures for creating line work from established feature code library for ease of import into CAD environment
- Skilled at maintaining and managing the data collection files and documentation of field notes
- Performs detailed documentation of field progress to effectively communicate project status, conflicts, gaps, completeness of work
- Monitors conditions of equipment and field vehicle, reports repair needs, and handles service needs as necessary
- Understands contract language and deliverables, prepares proposals and cost estimates
- Coordinates with clients, municipalities and other local authorities for the setup of project areas, special assistance and communicates with necessary parties throughout lifecycle of project
- Monitors scheduling and budget while reporting status updates to project manager
- Performs QA/QC of all data recorded and collected by the field crews
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed as PE or LS with 5+ years of experience with Subsurface Utility Engineering.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (verbally and written) in client related settings.
- Employment is contingent on possessing a valid driving license as well as a safe driving record. All applicants will be subject to drug screening prior to commencing work as well as regularly and randomly thereafter. All applicants may be subject to background checks prior to commencing work, as well as during employment. Rice Associates participates in the federal E-Verify.
We are committed to a drug free work force; all applicants will be screened prior to commencing work, as well as regularly and randomly. All applicants are subject to background checks prior to commencing work, as well as during employment. Employment and continued eligibility for employment are contingent on possessing valid driver's license as well as a safe driving record.
Rice Associates offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability. Rice Associates provides a very generous 401(k) plan as well as an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Rice Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an employee or an applicant, please click here. Rice Associates ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Rice Associates will not discriminate in the solicitation of sub-consultants based on age, color, disability, race, religion, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, please contact Sherry Fee at 703-968-3200 for the Manassas office and Obadyah Foord 804-674-9723 for our Richmond office – (TTY/TDD users, call 711).
Rice Associates participates in the E-Verify. If you’d like more information about the E-Verify program, please click here.
Rice Associates maintains a drug-free workplace.